I have listening to all this debate about the health care bill and the effort to repeal etc. I got to thinking about my situation, I guess I have a bad health history and doesn't look any better in the future. Do I know that I will be able to continue to get help. Will I be classified as one who is not worth spending more money on, I think I am but will people like me fall through a gap in coverage. Another year I will be on Medicare, not sure if that will be a good thing or not, hope so.
Why does health care cost so much, well yesterday my heart cath went like this, check in and fill out three pages of forms, pay $100.00 co pay. next off to have blood drawn,( two employees) on to the Cath Lab waiting room, one clerk, three more pages of the same questions as at check in. Person(not sure if nurse or not) came to get me to go to the prep area. After the usual undressing and put on the wonderful gown on(no help here) two nurses(I think ) start putting in two Ivs, another came in to do an EKG, followed by yet another to check BP. Next comes another nurse to ask me the same questions I have answered twice in the preceding 30 minutes. In the next hour prior to going into the operating room I am visited by three or four more asking questions and making sure I have left and gone home. Then the doctor pulls up a chair and asks me another 20 questions. Now I'm ready to hit the OR, a new person, Chuck comes and takes me to the OR, here a whole new ballgame starts. Four people, who do whatever, talk to me and tell me I'm about to go sleep and all will be well.
After the procedure, its back to the prep area for a little recovery before being released. Here I seen more "new" people, not sure again who or what their jobs are but they all act very important, one of them tell me I can go home at 4:00, good, 4:00 comes and I think everyone was on break or in deep conversation in the break room. About 4:45 I got to leave....How many people does it take to get me in and out, about 16 and we wonder why a day in the hospital costs so much, I'm sure none of the people who attend me make mimimun wage. Will be interesting to see the bill and to think I get do the same thing next week, double the cost, double the fun.. Can't complain, I am able to get up tomorrow and play golf....Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



2 comments:
Denny,I know just what you mean.I have been waiting since Oct. to get my skin cancer removed at DHMC.I finally got to go down in a snowstorm last Wed. to meet the surgeon,only because someone cancelled.In Oct. my doctor sent them my biopsy results.They knew what kind of cancer I have,how big it is and where it is.So why did I have to go down?To sign a paper giving him permission to do the surgery.Still don't have an appointment to get it done.They said maybe in March.I'd like to know what the doc got paid to talk to me for 5 minutes.Jim wanted to know when I was in the army (hurry up and wait).
Some healthcare establishments provide on-the-job or classroom training, as well as continuing education. Most healthcare workers that do not have postsecondary healthcare training and work directly with patients will receive some on-the-job training. These occupations include nursing aides, orderlies, and attendants; psychiatric aides; home health aides; physical therapist aides; and EKG technicians. Hospitals are more likely than other facilities to have the resources and incentive to provide training programs and advancement opportunities to their employees. In other segments of healthcare, the variety of positions and advancement opportunities are more limited. Larger establishments usually offer a broader range of opportunities.
Post a Comment