
Yes folks I am back, and I hope to be on a regular basis once more. I guess like all great writers, you go through periods of inactivity and that's where I have been for the last month or so. Before I go to an update of happenings, I want to tell you all that in the upcoming days I will be doing a series on South Royalton, growing up there, the people, events, etc. Not sure how long the series will be but I guess to be a series it will be more than one. Look for this to start next week.
Now for a short update, all is well in Florida, got most of our winter projects done, have to Stew leaves this week so my hired man will be gone. I went to the doctors twice this week for check ups, doing well, my A1C was down to 7.2, the best it has ever been. the doctor told me that in October I weighed 199, this week I hit the scales at 172, I'm sure that had a lot to do with my sugar being somewhat under control. One of my appointments was in Daytona Beach(friday) so we made it a family outing. After my office visit we all went to the beach and had lunch at Bubba Gump Seafood, food was ok, a bit pricey but now we have been there, and have the picture to prove it. Tried to get Stew to go surfing but couldn't get him near the water. Yesterday we all Me,N,S,M went to Lakeland for Rich and Sue Howe's 50th anniversary party, it was put on by Bruce and Linda at the newly remodled home, in the same park as Rich and Sue. Big crowd, live band and a good time was had by all. Today we are having our last Sunday night grill party, this has been a great addition to our life here, We will have Stew, Merry,Wes,Hannah, and Addie. Should be fun. As I said earlier, Stew and Merry will be leaving for Vermont on Thursday, they will be missed, but now I can save some money.(no more home improvement projects--darn that HGTV) I plan a day to recap my winter with Stew, sounds like a good title..."My Winter with Stew". I promise that I will keep up with my blog, so keep checking.
Now for a short update, all is well in Florida, got most of our winter projects done, have to Stew leaves this week so my hired man will be gone. I went to the doctors twice this week for check ups, doing well, my A1C was down to 7.2, the best it has ever been. the doctor told me that in October I weighed 199, this week I hit the scales at 172, I'm sure that had a lot to do with my sugar being somewhat under control. One of my appointments was in Daytona Beach(friday) so we made it a family outing. After my office visit we all went to the beach and had lunch at Bubba Gump Seafood, food was ok, a bit pricey but now we have been there, and have the picture to prove it. Tried to get Stew to go surfing but couldn't get him near the water. Yesterday we all Me,N,S,M went to Lakeland for Rich and Sue Howe's 50th anniversary party, it was put on by Bruce and Linda at the newly remodled home, in the same park as Rich and Sue. Big crowd, live band and a good time was had by all. Today we are having our last Sunday night grill party, this has been a great addition to our life here, We will have Stew, Merry,Wes,Hannah, and Addie. Should be fun. As I said earlier, Stew and Merry will be leaving for Vermont on Thursday, they will be missed, but now I can save some money.(no more home improvement projects--darn that HGTV) I plan a day to recap my winter with Stew, sounds like a good title..."My Winter with Stew". I promise that I will keep up with my blog, so keep checking.

.jpg)



6 comments:
Dad- you have to keep it up or you will loose your following!! Can't wait for supper tonight! We are going to miss Stew and Merry so much. It is always nice to know they are close!
Nice pink shirt Stew. Congrads Den on the 172. That will be my target soon. I think it would only be fare for you to come to Vermont to help with a few projects here. You can start here with the pool replacement as the snow tookout our pool. And I will be glad to host the Sunday night dinner, with you cooking of course. Hi to all
Ted
Welcome back - we've missed you! Looking forward to the South Royalton blogs (and of course the "winter with Stew" one as well!). I know that Mom & Dad had such an incredible and fun time there. Love, K
Glad you're back.That is great about your A1c and the weight loss.Nancy will have to keep an eye on you,pretty soon you will be strutting down the beach in your speedos.Too bad Stew didn't get back yesterday.This morning we had 25 and it was spitting snow.Jim did have to reach over his head to pull some of the spouts.At least the last of the snow left yesterday and todays is melting as it lands.
Mr. Skinny! good job! Proud of ya!
I understand you have another friend named Jim. But yet there was nothing mentioned in the blog about him.
As Always
Wildwood Slim
Post a Comment