Good evening, been awhile since I've had the time to update this. I guess I have had the time but have been busy doing other things. I have been trying to figure out where to go from here and that has not come easy. Plus on Tuesday Mom comes for a couple weeks, Nancy is in Hawaii visiting Andrew and family, and then on Saturday Collen is coming for a visit, so I guess I will be busy intertaining, which will be good as it will give me ideas for my writing. Tonight I am going to not finish the Ware thread but get close, but first have to tell you about tonight.
Since Stew and Merry have come down they have been coming out for supper on Sunday night, we normally grill out, sometimes Stew cooks and sometimes I do, well today we didn't grill out. I made a meal from a receipe I found in a magazine, it has chicken, apple sausage, patatoes, cider, lemon, onion and more. Its a dish that you bake. We after we ate, Stew said, gee this is pretty good. Takes a good meal for Stew to give you a complement, so I was very happy. He even took leftovers home for supper tomorrow night. Ok enough about him, he doesn't like his name in here, but before its over I'm going to do a whole post, just on him....
Now, back to the Ware family. I have talked about the "hill" part of the family, but what about those who left the hill. There were three other members that I need to acknowledge.
First, Arlene, she married Walter Wilk, and has lives in Center Rutland Vt. They have three children, Sandra, Susan. and Walt Jr. They all live in the Rutland area. They also spent time on the hill, and they all still enjoy coming to the area, the children all have been very helpful in insuring their mother got to events and family gatherings.
Next is Jim, who passed a couple of years ago, he was married to Sylvia and they had two daughters, Madeline and Andrea. Jim and family lived in South Royalton, and the girls and their families still do. Jim was a hunter like the rest of the family and hunted his whole life. When I was in grade school, Aunt Sylvia babysat for Stew and I as mother worked. Every day we would go to her house across the tracks in town and walk to school and back after until mom came to pick us up. A couple things I remember about that was that she was a very neat housekeeper and always had the most beautful Christmas tree. She always put the iceiculs on one at a time, and even today I do the same...
The last of the Children was Mary, my mother. She married Ernest"spud" Rogers and they had five children , Me, Stew, Ted, Jeannette, and Patrick.We lived in South Royalton in house that Mom still lives in. They bought the house in 1947 and with the exception of one year, have lived there ever since. Stew, Ted, and Jeannette also live in South Royalton, Patrick in East Thetfor, and of course I'm in sunny Florida. Stew has seen the light and now spends 4 months a year here. Merry says it may be more later. I am not going to get into Mom tonight as she will get here own full page in the near future.
That about wraps up the Ware family, I have not included my cousins children and granchildren as I don't know them all and there are a lot of them. For those of you who have read the information I have put in this blog, remember these people, not just because they are your realives but they are good people, hard working,honest,salt of the earth. It has been my pleasure share with you some of my rememberences, when your children or grandchildren are old enough, make sure they get to know these folks. Don't let them become just a name in a book, or on a grave stone, its hard to find people like them anymore. I know some of you are printing this and hope that it will become part of your family for generations to come. Thank you one and all..........Dennis Does anyone know whats wrong with the spellcheck?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



3 comments:
Thanks for the update uncle Den - I was going through withdrawal! Love that you are doing this and can't wait for the posts about Gram and Dad! Love, Kristi
very nice. I hope for your sake and for mine, the spell check starts working! Love you DODD!!
Uncle Denn nice blog. I was wondering if you could show my blog that I just worte to gram sometime.. Thanks..
Post a Comment